from the direction of Ljubljana
You can reach Pivka from the direction of Ljubljana (60km). On the motorway (A1/A2/E70), follow the signs for E61/Trst/I/Koper/Postojna all the way to the exit marked Postojna/Rijeka/HR/Ilirska Bistrica/Pivka/Rijeka; at the T-intersection where Postojna is to the right, you turn left in the direction of Rijeka/Ilirska Bistrica/Pivka. Follow the signs for Pivka through 2 roundabouts. You’ve arrived.
You can also get from Ljubljana to Pivka by public rail transport. A direct, regular connection from the Ljubljana Railway Station to Pivka takes a good hour and a half. There is also a high-speed train on the route, which shortens the journey by a good fifteen minutes.
from the direction of Koper
You can reach Pivka from the direction of Koper (66km). Continue along the H motorway all the way to the Rijeka/HR/Rijeka exit. At the junction where Postojna is to the right, you turn left in the direction of Rijeka/Ilirska Bistrica/Pivka. Follow the signs for Pivka through one roundabout. You’ve arrived.
You can also get from Koper to Pivka by public rail transport. A direct, regular connection from the Koper Railway Station to Pivka takes about an hour and fifteen minutes. There is also a high-speed train on the route, which shortens the trip by a good ten minutes.
Koper and Pivka are also connected by a direct, regular bus line. The provider is Nomago and the journey takes an hour and forty-five minutes. On the way, the bus stops at thirty-five bus stops and gives you the opportunity to see and explore various towns along the way, including Ankaran, Ilirska Bistrica and Knežak.
Nearby you can find many international airports that offer numerous international and local flights.
- Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport (LJU) l distance: 81.8km l route length: 56 minutes | website
- Venice Marco Polo (VCE) | distance: 189km l route length: 1 hour and 59 minutes | website
- Treviso (TSF) | distance: 187km l route length: 2 hours and 7 minutes | website
- Trieste | distance: 80.4km | route length: 58 minutes | website
- Franjo Tuđman Airport Zagreb | distance: 207km | route length: 2 hours and 20 minutes | website
- Rijeka | distance: 79.4km | route length: 1 hour and 23 minutes | website
- Pula Airport | distance: 140km | route length: 2 hours and 2 minutes | website
* The given route length calculation is made for transport by car and assuming that there are no traffic jams or congestion on the road.